4L80e Swap parts

Aforehand

New member
I have a TY Im going to swap a 4L80 into and keep the AWD. Ty currently has a 6.0 ls motor I don't have any of the parts needed and just though I would check on here before buying new.

Looking of the following parts
LSX Motor Mounts
LSX Oil Pan
LSX / 4L80E Crossmember
4L80E Shifter Cable
Tight Clearance Linkage
Tight Clearance Cable Mount
4L80E / BW 4472 transfercase Adaptor Plate
32 Spline Input Shaft BW4472

Thanks
 

Aforehand

New member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

Mine is ls powered just need the 4l80e installed. Any thought about the 27 vs 32 shaft?
 
Last edited:

Norm

Donating Member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

if yours is ls powered, why do you need the pan and mounts?
 

Aforehand

New member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

The pan that's on it won't clear the prop shaft and from everything I have been reading my understanding is you need to use the same manufacturer on all the parts for it to fit correctly.
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

The pan that's on it won't clear the prop shaft and from everything I have been reading my understanding is you need to use the same manufacturer on all the parts for it to fit correctly.

ummm no. He can mix and match, but if you buy a milodon pan you will need fittings for the remote oil filter. If you use a gm pan you can keep the filter on it. The hard part is getting some of those parts. Most were bought on a group deal, so unless somebody changes their mind or gets tired of dumping cash into the swap, you might have to pay retail or wait.
 

Aforehand

New member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

Ok thanks for the info. So I can cross off the mounts and the pan if I modify the existing one.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

I would say 95% of installs of 4l80e are mix and matches from various suppliers based on fact not a single supplier has offered everything as a kit.
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

Ok thanks for the info. So I can cross off the mounts and the pan if I modify the existing one.

what pan do you have? A truck one will work(needs to be cut and modded), f body won't, a h3 will work( again modded) look for pics in one of my posts if that is what you are using, a vette (batwing) won't.
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

Is it better to get a 2wd or 4wd trans?


4wd transmission is better to have. Then just swap out the transfer case input shaft. Otherwise you have to pull apart the whole trans to replace the output shaft. Well now that also depends on what parts you have to begin with also. Does the transmission need to come apart for rebuild.
 

Aforehand

New member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

Trans is good out of a 2006. Is it worth adding the shift kit or any others mods while it out?
 

Aforehand

New member
Re: 4L80e Swap parts

Got all the swap parts beside the transfer case plate. So just waiting for the truck to get out of paint then 4l80e project starts
 
Top