4l80e + Syty Transfer case possible?

JSM

Active member
aag.jpg
 

supersports10

New member
:eek: where did you get that!!?? did you make it??

also ive been doing some reading, and ren across some info on trans go shift kits, they supposedly make a "stick shift" versin of there shift kits, tha allowes full maual control of a 4l80e, no tranny computer anymore.

is this tranny longer?? does it move te transfer case back??
 

JSM

Active member
supersports10 said:
:eek: where did you get that!!?? did you make it??

YES!

is this tranny longer?? does it move te transfer case back??

3 1/4" longer. Will require shortening rear shaft, making front longer, moving crossmember, etc. All minor though after the adaptor and shafts become available. :D :D :D
 

JSM

Active member
kwick6 said:
Is this all you , or did Blake do any of it?

I have enough contacts throughout the machining world, syty world, and world in general I can get a lot of stuff done, developed, and available.
 

kwick6

Donating Member
JS Manufacturing said:
kwick6 said:
Is this all you , or did Blake do any of it?

I have enough contacts throughout the machining world, syty world, and world in general I can get a lot of stuff done, developed, and available.

So you had it developed through your contacts?

Have any pics of the output shaft?
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
kwick6 said:
JS Manufacturing said:
kwick6 said:
Is this all you , or did Blake do any of it?

I have enough contacts throughout the machining world, syty world, and world in general I can get a lot of stuff done, developed, and available.

So you had it developed through your contacts?

Have any pics of the output shaft?

UMMMM WTF difference does it make ??? As long as the parts are available and they benefit the community who cares ???
 

kwick6

Donating Member
I don't care who made the 80E trans adapter for the stock transfer case, but I know who stocks them and was curious if JS got them from the same place.

I have a place that can make shafts out of 300M for a reasonable price, so thats why I was interested in the progress of the output shaft.

Do you guys have an output shaft , or prototype shaft made yet?
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
kwick6 said:
this :bs: just keeps getting better and better.

Dont know 100% what you are referring to.. Although, I am 100% certain that its NOT PRODUCTIVE to the community.

Take it OFF the forum or expect disciplinary action.

PM or Email is fine, as long as we dont have to see it.. Not sure what your beef with Jeff is, and I really DONT care, I dont wanna hear about it..

You are warned.
 

Big Dave

New member
Great job Jeff!!!

The torque arm has to be lengthened has well right? looks short in the picture.

When do you expect these kits to be ready?

Will the front shaft be a complete new assembly or lengthened original ones?

Thanks for getting another option that will be a kit together for these trucks.
 

JSM

Active member
The original idea of the post was to show it is possible and being done and to add technical information back to the list, not more drama. Up until this point I have never seen a picture of it done, until I manufactured the adaptor here, and bolted my case to the transfer case out of my typhoon.

With that said, I will be developing other parts that are needed also, or providing #'s of people to call. The 2 hard parts to get are now done and will be available soon, via my standard outlets i have been using. I will let them post a for sale when/if they feel the need and desire to carry them.

If you have an immediate need shoot me a pm and we can discuss.

I have a bigger picture project coming in soon, that will tie in and allow me to develop a lot of new stuff soon.
 

SY2932

Administrator
JS Manufacturing said:
The original idea of the post was to show it is possible and being done and to add technical information back to the list, not more drama. Up until this point I have never seen a picture of it done, until I manufactured the adaptor here, and bolted my case to the transfer case out of my typhoon.

With that said, I will be developing other parts that are needed also, or providing #'s of people to call. The 2 hard parts to get are now done and will be available soon, via my standard outlets i have been using. I will let them post a for sale when/if they feel the need and desire to carry them.

If you have an immediate need shoot me a pm and we can discuss.

I have a bigger picture project coming in soon, that will tie in and allow me to develop a lot of new stuff soon.

I hope this brings and end to badgering Jeff for details. Quite frankly, I don't know what's going but I know that I don't like it. Jeff has a LONG track record of sharing thoughts and ideas on ANYTHING syty. I would never imagine that the pic he posted would not be accompanied by a technical writeup at some point. Grilling him for details publicly won't do anyone any favors. In fact, it only serves to make people NOT want to share. Please keep this topic drama free or it's getting locked...
 

supersports10

New member
JS Manufacturing said:
The original idea of the post was to show it is possible and being done and to add technical information back to the list, not more drama. Up until this point I have never seen a picture of it done, until I manufactured the adaptor here, and bolted my case to the transfer case out of my typhoon.

With that said, I will be developing other parts that are needed also, or providing #'s of people to call. The 2 hard parts to get are now done and will be available soon, via my standard outlets i have been using. I will let them post a for sale when/if they feel the need and desire to carry them.

If you have an immediate need shoot me a pm and we can discuss.

I have a bigger picture project coming in soon, that will tie in and allow me to develop a lot of new stuff soon.


:tup: great job!!!!

i dont know what some other peoples beef is, but i respect innovation, and look forward to purchaseing a complete kit when my stock tranny goes south, behind my new motor. (when it becomes available) :D
 

Falco

Donating Member
Nicely done Jeff! One question here. Can the same adapter be used with a TH400. I guess the output shaft is different...

Later,
 

JSM

Active member
I am not sure.

I will see if any of my local buddies have or know of a th400 laying around, and we can throw the adaptor on and see if things line up.

I suspect not, as th400 adaptors are available, and the 80e wasn't.
 
Top