CA 92 Ty Craigslist

JoveDios

1993 Gmc Typhoon #0627
Re: 92 Ty Craigslist

Damn I love that color combo... Wish I could trade mine for one of those
 

ChiPhoon

Chicago Typhoon!
Re: 92 Ty Craigslist

so my questions are, even if a truck with low miles like this and kept in a climate control garage etc.
what are must do's on the truck if a new owner jumps on it?
unless they actually changed the fluids every year n such would it still need a major overhaul of mods upgrades to get it reliable like all vac lines, hoses etc
if the trans fluid hasn't been changed would it have gummed up through the years at all?

although i love all syty color combos teal isn't my first choices of combos, still looks cool for sure.
 

Logan

Member
Re: 92 Ty Craigslist

If that sells I am listing mine for $20K and then buying an Aspen.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: 92 Ty Craigslist

I'm wondering if this is the 4600ish mile one that sold at Barrett-Jackson for like $16500 in 2008 or so?
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: 92 Ty Craigslist

There's a GNX in Maryland for sale right now. Same mileage (11k). Asking $55k.

If I had the bones, I'd find the extra 17k and buy the GNX.
 

DaveP

Active member
Re: 92 Ty Craigslist

I'm wondering if this is the 4600ish mile one that sold at Barrett-Jackson for like $16500 in 2008 or so?

Which is the same one that bounced around every Mannheim auction in the Northeast during 1999-2002 when it had 2,800-4,xxx miles. Passed around among flippers like a $20 hooker.

Problem with cars like this is they get abused by auction lot drivers, car transporters, the flippers themselves, and their friends. Just too many people that just don''t give a shit have had their foot to the floor, probably on years-old gasoline, right after a cold start.

The pic shows a Cali commercial license plate. That plate was NOT issued to a Typhoon, as they do not qualify for commercial plates. So that plate is off something else. The flipper is taking a hell of a chance cruising around in his-unregistered vehicle. Even rookie cops know that plate doesn't belong on that vehicle type. Sticks out like a sore thumb.
 
Top