Constant pressure valve body

paul30

paul30
Re: Constant pressure valve body

It sounds good. Waiting till George or someone comments on this. May be just what I need. Thanks.....Paul30
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Constant pressure valve body

I don't know, seems kind of worthless to me. If it eliminated the TV cable altogether I could see it being valuable but you still have to have it so IMO, its a why bother? Setting the TV cable isn't rocket science.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Constant pressure valve body

Take a transmission with a sticking TV valve. And then imagine driving it like that all the time. Good stuff:tdown: Late part throttle neck snapping shifts. At part throttle cruising in 4th your looking at about 110 psi normally. So they are DOUBLING normal cruising throttle pressure. I can see this breaking stuff with the bigger second servo. I've done separator plates and valvebodies for guys before that allow everything the syty valvebody does. You just need to set the TV cable right. And it's VERY easy.
There is a setup available that is a constant pressure, full manual shift valvebody....just put a stick shift in it if your gonna do that.
 

H-TOWN-TYPHOON

You're killin' me, Smalls
Re: Constant pressure valve body

uk guy said:
7/5/05 Gearbox Failed
Car on the road after twin turbo's fitted, gearbox lasted about 50 miles. Stripped the box down, turns out that both the snap ring grooves on the input drum have been completely smashed out. General consensus is that its caused constant high line pressure that's a feature of the Manual valve body (it doesn't have a TV valve or cable)

Was this the main idea that I was reading for?
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Constant pressure valve body

That and some of the other issues. Fluctuating pressures and drivability issues. He used it for a while until it finally broke things. He's obviously very hard on the 700 and needs to move on to something else. 350,400, 80e, anything besides what he's using.
H-TOWN-TYPHOON said:
Was this the main idea that I was reading for?
 

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
Re: Constant pressure valve body

George Blake said:
There is a setup available that is a constant pressure, full manual shift valvebody....just put a stick shift in it if your gonna do that.

But then you loose the advantage of having a Torque Converter.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Constant pressure valve body

I was being sarcastic. There is no point in taking an automatic transmission and turning it into a full manual. Defeats the purpose of the entire design.
THEMADTYPH00N said:
But then you loose the advantage of having a Torque Converter.
 

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
Re: Constant pressure valve body

George Blake said:
I was being sarcastic. There is no point in taking an automatic transmission and turning it into a full manual. Defeats the purpose of the entire design.

Agreed. I was just being a smart ass. ;)
 
Top