Dead ALDL

Aeroking

e.i.
I was tuning with Tunerpro last night. I unplugged from the ALDL. I went to reset the IAC and it wouldn't reset. So i plugged the log cable back in, and Tunerpro wouldn't connect.

Thought it might be in limp mode, so i disconnected the battery for 10 mintues, and tried again. No good. I pulled the ECMB fuse. No Good.

I'm gonna try pullin the ECM and unplug/plugin the G1 adapter. although i cant imagine thats the problem, cause the truck didint move, the dash wasnt bumped. It was a matter of seconds between it reading, and not responding.

Truck startsup fine.

Any ideas?

Also for some reason. Tunerpro won't allow me to make datalogs. I can read the ECM (not anymore), but it wont record a log.
 

WyoSyclone

Active member
Re: Dead ALDL

Check your com port settings... I've had a couple of instances where the com port de-selected itself for some strange reason - never have found out why.
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

already checked it. Still set at COM6 which is what i set it on for my laptop.

I believe my problem lies in the ALDL port itself, not neccessarily the cable.

i checked the wires & pins also, and all look fine.
 

93 TY 2185

Donating Member
Re: Dead ALDL

Don't drive it ALDL mode.
icon_wink.gif
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Dead ALDL

Using an ostrich?

I'd suspect bad bin load or that the ostrich was flaky.

Put a regular stock memcal in the ecm, turn the key to run, and see if TP connects.
This will verify if there's issues with the ostrich/etc.

One bad tug on the Emulation cable can screw 'em up.
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

BTW, what should the Ostrich switch be on? "24" or "32/28"

mine's been working on "24" but i'm just wondering.
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

all my connections were good and tight.

i reloaded the BIN and it works. must bumped the wrong ALDL pins, and corrupted the BIN.

all is good, except i still cant record a datalog. :tdown:
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

could someone post a .ADL log so i can download it and overwrite it, instead of trying to create a new one.


this is getting on my nerves.

tp.jpg
 

sy#2921

BAMF
Re: Dead ALDL

You need to make one yourself. Tools>>ALDL>>Setup>>Select log file and then type in a file name and it will ask you if you want to create it say yes and then you are good to go
 

sy#2921

BAMF
Re: Dead ALDL

Not a problem I was there once or twice. Just recently even in my thread. Each adl is a log file with parts everytime you record and stop so Every day or so when you tune make a new one
 

4C FED

Absolutum Dominium
Re: Dead ALDL

Aeroking said:
and once again. i am the biggest idiot in the world.

:rotf: :rotf:

thanks buddy it works

It took me a couple of tries to figure that one out as well.
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

bringing this back for a different set of problems.

a dead ALDL again. Symptoms:

- Check Engine light on solid
- crappy idle at 400rpms
- i can load a BIN into the ECM and verifiy its in there
- no signal from the ALDL port
- jumpered the 2 ALDL wires to read the codes, and the Check Engine light wont blink, it just stays solid
- no vacuum leaks, but my boost/vac gauge reads 0 vacuum
- put the truck into gear, and nothing happens, truck doesnt move


I was out driving/tuning. truck was running great. I stopped, unplugged the ALDL logger, shut the truck off, turned it back on, and got this crap.


ideas...
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

Bump...

- Emulator is OK (uploads/downloads/verifys BIN)
- ECM all connections are good
- Good voltage
- "Check Engine" light on solid
- ALDL not working
- ALDL code diagnostics not working, light doesnt flash at all
- rough 400rpm idle
- 0 vacuum
- good fuel delivery (AFRs are good)
- no repsonse from transmission, truck wont move in any gear
- all fuses good

couldn't have broken anything, cause it ran fine, then when i restarted it, it ran like this.

i'm gonna check the ignition module tonight



EDITED: just read an old post about condensation under the dist cap, due to washing the truck. I had the hood up to cool the engine, when i was washing it this weekend, right before it started running bad. I'll check it tonight, updates to follow.
 
Last edited:

etriebe

New member
Re: Dead ALDL

That's pretty confusing. Maybe your ecm took a crap. The trans thing is what gets me, there is no computer control besides lock-up. So in reverse, manual 1 and 2 there is no lock-up unless it was stuck on and then the truck would die when you put it in gear. I am sure you probably already knew that just thinking out loud. All the above is not right if you have a 4L80E. I hope you can figure this out. The cap doesn't look so bad, Weird :dunno::dunno:
 

Aeroking

e.i.
Re: Dead ALDL

the trans is a 700. I'm guessing that my problem lies somewhere in the ECM or wiring. The low idle rpms would signify a ESC malf. So i'm gonna disconnect the tan ESC wire, and see if the idle gets better. My ALDL mode rpms is set for 1250, so its not in ALDL mode. The trans not working is kinda wierd, but with 400rpms, i doubt thats enough to move the truck. My normal idle is 950, and i have to goose the throttle for it to move. I have a new cap/rotor on order, just because. I have a new coil laying around the garage somewhere, i'll put that on, and see if it helps. I'm going to disconnect my Ostrich, G1 adapter, and memcal, see if i have any bend pins. Check my ECM harness connectors for loose pins. Check the ALDL port for loose pins.

If none of that helps, i'm at a lose. Thats all i can think of right now.
 
Top