Mike,
I thought about using the cupholders as they are pretty worthless for anything that doesn't have superglue to hold it in place. The only problem I have with that is I wouldn't want to put a vital guage there i.e. boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure. I did think about it for IC temp or trans temp.
Rockville,
I like the idea of the left hand side vent. The only problem I see with that is going with the 2 5/8" guages. It seems as though then I am cutting into the dash. I don't see how it could fit in the vent opening. I'm not a big fan of the smaller gauges.
Lumpy,
I know what you are saying. What I would probably do it get a radio trim ring out of a Blazer - AC or Non - shouldn't matter. Cut the vents out and cut a piece of plastic/aluminum out so it will come just to the top of the stereo. Should give plenty of room for the gauges. The only thing I am somewhat concerned of is blocking off the vents. Not from a comfort aspect - from a how in the heck aspect. I could just close off the passenger side one as the wife seems to close it anyway

I would have to do the angled trim rings from Autometer to keep 'em visible. I wonder if I could possibly reroute the vents......