Insurance

TYGUY

New member
MAN!
i knew it was to good to be true....i have had such good luck with my TY. until yesterday. i bought a 92 Typhoon 3 weeks ago, and did the basic tune up stuff and put new tires on it. runs pretty good. anyway my insuance lady calls today out of the blue, "WE HAVE YOUR TRUCK ON A DO NOT INUSURE LIST" i was shocked.....
i have had supercharged cars Lightning, 03 cobra, and a few others, i have NEVER heard anything of this sort EVER. what gives? she asured me i was a very good driver, and i was free to keep ALL of my other cars insured with them. G THANKS! :tdown:

Dustin
 

Syclone#1992

SyTy.net Moderator
Re: Insurance

I remember hearing that one insurance company refuses to insure SyTys. I think it was Farmers....something like that...Not State Farm....
 

TYGUY

New member
Re: Insurance

DING DING DING DING!!! we have a winner Farmers :rant:


Syclone#1992 said:
I remember hearing that one insurance company refuses to insure SyTys. I think it was Farmers....something like that...Not State Farm....
 

cdezzz

Active member
Re: Insurance

now that's funny, they won't insure a Ty, but they are the place to go for custom built bikes. One of my customer's had a $40K bike and I could only get liability, did some reaserch and found out Farmer's is the place to go for them, their full coverage was way less than just my liability
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: Insurance

NecroWolf said:
i got farmers and they cover my ty. all i carry is liability

Your nuts man.. theres a post on here every other week about a ty getting snatched up
 

12secondSY

Syty Killer :(
Re: Insurance

I have state farm for everything. My driving record sucks and my sy was only $59 for full coverage a month since it was a secondary vehicle. My 03 ZR2 was $205. My 01 ZQ8 is $105. They quoted $100 for the ty as a primary vehicle.
I don't know why the zr2 was so insane, I just paid it cuz I tried other places and was told up to $550 a month. Like I said, my record sucks. Only one accident but a speeding ticket about every 2-3 months since I was 17 an 2 suspensions(one wasn't my fault).
 

cdezzz

Active member
Re: Insurance

NecroWolf said:
i got farmers and they cover my ty. all i carry is liability

Insurance companies typically don't have a prob writing liability, but they don't like to write full coverage, that's what typically gets expensive, but recently I have noticed on alot of policies full coverage has been cheaper than liability(Allied)
 

Sy370

New member
Re: Insurance

I sell insurance for Farmers and they will not insure, full coverage, a ty or sy. I finally ended up going with Progressive, from what I can tell they are cheap and should stand by the policy. In fact if I remember right we are on the same list as the viper and something else crazy that farmers won't insure.
________
Buy vaporgenie
 
Last edited:

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Insurance

I'm paying about $65 a month for the Sy thru GMAC. Full coverage. Same as my Camaro. Just because. Hell, my Camaro's only like $95 or so every month, but I pay 6 month terms so I get a big bill twice a year. :roll:

I've got 9 points on my license (make that 15 now..lol), but no accidents.
 

tippmann243

New member
Re: Insurance

i pay 90 bucks a month for liability on a 93 sonoma

im 18 and have a perfect driving record, it sucks being young

hopfully soon i can get a daily driver and get some different insurance on the noma
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Insurance

Good student discount, drivers-ed, ABS, anti theft, multiple vehicles, more vehicles than drivers, and clean driving record (the wife) means I pay $200 a month for full coverage on her '99 Blazer and the Sy (considered a recreational vehicle, less than 1000 miles/year), liability on the Omni, roadside assistance/rental on al vehicles, and a $100,000 renters insurance through USAA. I'm happy :tup:
 
Top