Lower radiator hose

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Lower radiator hose

I got my last one at NAPA. Walked in, told them what I wanted. '91 Syclone, they looked it up and pulled it of the shelf. The trick, on more than a few things, is to make sure they are looking at a Syclone on their computer.
 

2500avalanche

Well-known member
Re: Lower radiator hose

I know the only solution so far is the Sportsmachine's kit, but I may have found another option. I got one from a 2001 Silverado with the 4.3 and it looks identical to the stock one. I dont have my Ty right now, but Ill test fit it on Monday or Tuesday. Just have to get this Sy done and out of my garage first. Link to the one I bought: http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...wd/2001/6-cylinders-w-4-3l-sfi/10358_0_10495/

cool! make sure to post if it fits!
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Lower radiator hose

I [wrongly] misremembered that lower is just a standard part.
 
Last edited:

DaveP

Active member
Re: Lower radiator hose

An OEM SyTy lower hose has the "red S" on it that denotes a SyTy specific part that was installed on the line by GM, and has a unique part number for the Syclone and Typhoon. The lower hose is different than the "regular" 4.3. It is formed to clear the waste-gate can. A standard 4.3 lower will interfere with the can big time.

One should be cautious of recommendations and perceptions by peeps that may have different configurations than others do. Things like waste-gates and turbos make a difference as to whether something as innocuous as a hose fits or not.
 

Damian

Member
Re: Lower radiator hose

Sorry Dave, should have verified with you first. Feel free to delete this thread then.
 

DaveP

Active member
Re: Lower radiator hose

My response was to Dave G who said " think that lower is just a standard part. " It's not.

The upper hose is same part and p/n as 4.3 LB4.
 
Last edited:

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Lower radiator hose

One should be cautious of recommendations and perceptions by peeps that may have different configurations than others do. Things like waste-gates and turbos make a difference as to whether something as innocuous as a hose fits or not.

No, my memory is just failing me. I remembered that one of the main radiator hoses was a standard part and I went with the wrong logic. 15637758 is the GM part number for the correct lower radiator hose.

 
Last edited:

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Lower radiator hose

atkonkler, if you don't have anything technically useful to contribute to a tech thread, please use the pm or email.
 

1blkc4

Donating Member
Re: Lower radiator hose

I have my passenger wheel well out I have a Napa hose 8723 if that helps .
 

DaveP

Active member
Re: Lower radiator hose

I'm still trying to find that red letter on the stock lower hose.

Oh, BS. You don't "have my Typhoon here right now" to look at, it probably has a replacement hose on it anyway, and how can you find it if you don't know where it is on the hose, or even if the hose you're looking at is a 25 year old OEM hose or not anyway? The red S isn't going to be on a Silverado hose. Or any other those that isn't a specific SyTy OEM or NOS hose. You didn't even know there was a difference, or why that difference was necessary, or anything else about the lower hose until I posted those details yesterday, and now you're chiding me about a detail I've known about for 20 years, but you try to belittle me again by citing "I'm still trying to find it" like I'm full of shit? You're once again acting like a moron.

Maybe over the years you'll see one. But the chances of "still trying to find the red letter on the stock lower hose" while sitting on your couch isn't likely.

I just pulled down 2 take-off lower hoses I have in my stash. The first one I looked at I could barely find a remnant of the red S. On the second one it is very prominent, and in exactly the same location as the first hose where only a sliver of red is still present. The replacement lower hoses I've purchased from GM when they were still available had the red S. My un-dorked-with 93 Ty probably has it, but I've never looked.

And unless you can tell whether the hose you're looking at is a genuine SyTy hose, and not a generic replacement from another application, how do you know if it will have the red S or not?

This isn't face-f uck. I don't post to impress anyone with what I know or don't know. I post because by doing so I re-learn it myself again. That's why I delete my shit too. Once I relearn it, I'm done with it. I really don't give a shit if anyone else learns anything or not. I used to care that correct info was being posted, and trying to help, but the people I liked on here are all gone now. There's nothing left about this place to care about. Only a handful of know-nuffin' and some new guys trying to get help with their trucks. There's only 3 OG's still posting on a regular basis now. Three! This place has been dying for a couple of years, and now it's pretty much dead. Seriously, what are the chances of me learning something on here now?

Keep trying to find that red S, Damian. Maybe the knuckle heads on Face F uck can help ya find it.
 

gringo76

New member
Re: Lower radiator hose

you deff have a wealth of knowledge dave p and me being a newbie to the syty game (but not hot rods) appreciate the tech stuff but dude you can come off as a complete dick sometimes. not trying to start a fight but dam dude this is not even my thread (lower radiator hose)and iam pissed just because you do the same thing to my questions. you might know everything there is to know about syty but you sure need to work on your ethics and delivery. every time some one even questions something or states something diff you get on here like a 13 year kid going threw puberty and be a ass, then in a hour it must set in and you delete it.
in the end we are all trying to learn something about these syty, so be patient with us morons as we learn from a yoda master and one day we will be a jedi master aslo.
now I am going back in the shop to work on my sy!
 

0966Sy

Code what?
Don't forget the spring in the OEM "S" hose.

I have never had a problem with the gates 4.3 hoses fitting, I recall it touching the integral wastegate puck. But nothing to be concerned about. It's best to try it yourself, and see with your own eyes before you believe some clown on the Internet. Take your old one with you and compare it on the parts counter.
 

Damian

Member
Re: Lower radiator hose

Oh, BS. You don't "have my Typhoon here right now" to look at, it probably has a replacement hose on it anyway, and how can you find it if you don't know where it is on the hose, or even if the hose you're looking at is a 25 year old OEM hose or not anyway? The red S isn't going to be on a Silverado hose. Or any other those that isn't a specific SyTy OEM or NOS hose. You didn't even know there was a difference, or why that difference was necessary, or anything else about the lower hose until I posted those details yesterday, and now you're chiding me about a detail I've known about for 20 years, but you try to belittle me again by citing "I'm still trying to find it" like I'm full of shit? You're once again acting like a moron.

Maybe over the years you'll see one. But the chances of "still trying to find the red letter on the stock lower hose" while sitting on your couch isn't likely.

I just pulled down 2 take-off lower hoses I have in my stash. The first one I looked at I could barely find a remnant of the red S. On the second one it is very prominent, and in exactly the same location as the first hose where only a sliver of red is still present. The replacement lower hoses I've purchased from GM when they were still available had the red S. My un-dorked-with 93 Ty probably has it, but I've never looked.

And unless you can tell whether the hose you're looking at is a genuine SyTy hose, and not a generic replacement from another application, how do you know if it will have the red S or not?

This isn't face-f uck. I don't post to impress anyone with what I know or don't know. I post because by doing so I re-learn it myself again. That's why I delete my shit too. Once I relearn it, I'm done with it. I really don't give a shit if anyone else learns anything or not. I used to care that correct info was being posted, and trying to help, but the people I liked on here are all gone now. There's nothing left about this place to care about. Only a handful of know-nuffin' and some new guys trying to get help with their trucks. There's only 3 OG's still posting on a regular basis now. Three! This place has been dying for a couple of years, and now it's pretty much dead. Seriously, what are the chances of me learning something on here now?

Keep trying to find that red S, Damian. Maybe the knuckle heads on Face F uck can help ya find it.

All of this started out as me needing a new lower radiator hose. Talking with the owner of the Syclone that is still in my garage, he told me good luck, they don't make them anymore. I looked all over and couldn't find one, even on here. He also told it's the same for all S series, and that I'd have to use those flexible hoses like Sean is using. I don't want to use those so I thought of my neighbor's truck I sold him that is a Silverado with the 4.3 in it. Looked at it, looks just like ours. Went to AutoZone and sure as shit, they have them. Bought it, brought it home and visually compared it to the stock Sy that is still in my garage. Looks identical. I posted that I might have found an option and I'll know for sure come Monday when I get my Ty back from the owner of the Sy that's still in my garage because I let him borrow it while I work on his. I was hoping that people might be happy, maybe even post up other options. Instead you come in and run your mouth off about how I'm a moron and you are the all mighty of everything that is SyTy. Sad part is, I've never once said one bad thing about you ever, not once. As far as I know, I've never physically done anything to cause you to want to be a dick to me every chance you get. I have no clue why you have such a shitty view of me now. So whatever I did, I'm sorry Dave. I'm sorry I may have said something nice about you and you took it as an insult. I'm sorry you took something I physically did towards you as an insult. I'm sorry I made this ****ing thread to possibly help someone out there. If you don't like me, for whatever the reason, that's fine. That's your choice. No clue why you've drug other locals into it to, but whatever, it is what it is. Next time I think I might be able to help someone on the boards here, I'll make sure I request your verification of said information before I even think of posting anything ever.

I apologize to everyone for this thread, thought I was posting a good thing, apparently not. Seriously, feel free to delete this thread if you mods believe I'm posting misleading or false information.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Lower radiator hose

Every SyTy part number I have look up lately shows discontinued on GM parts direct. Likely it is discontinued but the part number could also be superceded. Sometimes you can luck and find nos part in a vendors inventory.
 

0966Sy

Code what?
Lower radiator hose

After doing a little digging, I'm using a Gates#
22039 my Typhoon. My Ty is with stock crossover, turbo, turbo drain, coolant lines, transmission cooler lines, and at one point the stock wastegate, with no problems. And no spring in the hose either.

The hose has a red DOT on the water pump side, no red S on this hose.

CAUTION!!!! The information above may or may NOT contain accuracy to the elderly.
 

Damian

Member
Re: Lower radiator hose

I'm going to test fit the one I purchased as well as going to the dealership tomorrow and see if they can get the stock one.
 
Top