Lund cover

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Lund cover

Are you referring to the deal that goes on the back or the visor that goes up front? I'm pretty sure both require some drilling... I know ed hess had one (lighted visor) on his truck back in the day. It's cool if you like them afterall, it's your truck. Just be forewarned if you install them on your truck and pictures surface of them on it, you'll be sorry.
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: Lund cover

cameronsclone said:
No. Sorry I forgot to post a link, kinda feel like a dumbass.
http://sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=lund_cover.php&dir=exterior
It's the replacement cover from summit.

I didn't realize that you were talking about a tonneau cover. Usually when I hear the name "Lund", I think of those cheesy accessories that are aimed at the Mister Bolt-On types
icon_lol.gif
. No drilling will be required if you already have a frame that hasn't been attached to the truck via drilling in place. That replacement cover is just that, a cover to replace a cover that has been damaged. You aren't getting anything to hold it on, that's why the price is so cheap...

Unfortunately, expect to shell out close to $200 for a tonneau cover for a truck that is close to sixteen years old
icon_frown.gif
. I have been looking for a used one for my daily driver, a 1988 S10, for over two years now. Being my beater, I didn't want to pay a fortune for a new one. I just got a sweet deal from a member on here
icon_cool.gif
. Every now and then they pop up in the classifieds but, you had better act fast. They are never listed for very long when they do.
 

poorboy93

Veteran S10 Owner
Re: Lund cover

You can Buy on from LaBra that is completely clamped on, no drilling. No tools. It also has a nice smooth latch set up that has no snaps. It has just one long strip that flips over and thats it. You can open/close the tail gate w/o undoing the cover. They run under $200. I had one on my GMC ZR2 and it was nice.

Side Note: Them darn Lund visors: The rear spoiler can be attached by 3M tape or screws. And the visor is bolted on through the roof. I unfortanatley know this via my Ty.

And no, I did not have it installed, it was the second owner.
 

ty166

Donating Member
Re: Lund cover

poorboy93 said:
Side Note: Them darn Lund visors: The rear spoiler can be attached by 3M tape or screws. And the visor is bolted on through the roof. I unfortanatley know this via my Ty.

And no, I did not have it installed, it was the second owner.

:lol: we want pictures... :lol:
 
Top