New Billet Oddfire Crank $Value

crazykaese

91ProtoTy/IndyPaceTribute & Sawzall Master
What's a brand new billet oddfire crank worth? Made by LA Crankshaft - brand new in the box. I have a chance to buy one and wonder what the going price for one is before I jump on it.
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
2k maybe. depends on how bad you want it and how much $ it will take you to actually use it.

stroke
bearing size rod and main
1 or 2 piece plays a role...
 

Lynn D. Brown

New member
Dennis,

Yes, my new forged one is for sale. Unfortunately there does not appear alotta demand for them, as most people have the Evenfire cranks. If U R going all out, Oddfire is fine because it is definitely stronger, but there are lotsa changes necessary. I bought mine before I knew all this, and I just wanted a hot Street machine. Just another of my many F-up's. BG has a good writeup on it in www.chitownsyty.com/tech/odd.htm

U shouldn't have to pay that much for a forged Oddfire crank.
 

GOTSWRV

New member
Well the crank is mine. I bought it off another member here, like a year or more ago. I can't seem to get to using it so I'll sell. I'm only asking $600 but I told crazykaese I'd go $500 and I'll pass that on to whoever. Thats a little less than I remember paying but, I doubt I'll ever get to use it. I figure if I ever go this far, I just buy a bowtie short block(got more funds than time anymore).

Heres a couple links. The first is the info tag on the crank and the other, well its the crank. If the guy I bought it from wants to step up I'd appreciate it. I don't want to publish your name and don't have your screen name.

http://home.kc.rr.com/gotswrv/LA Billet Crankshaft.jpg

http://home.kc.rr.com/gotswrv/LA%20Billet%20Crankshaft%20(2).jpg
 

warmpancakes

New member
hmm do you know if its been cut? I could be interested seeing as there will be a very easy to use coil on plug oddfire system on the market in 4-5 months.
 

GOTSWRV

New member
As far as I know the longest its been out of the bag was to take these pics.
The tag is from the manufacture as far as I can tell.
I got to digging and I think the guy I bought it off is a friend of sytynut

I'm hoping on of them see this as they will probably know more about it.
 
Top