Oil Cooler Needs?

tbauer03

TRBOBOX
I recently had a motor tear its self apart and I need to replace my oil cooler to get rid of contaminants. I previously ran a setrab 50-619
The motor I am building will run 11's do I need to run a bigger cooler? Or even a cooler at all? I have heard a lot of guys just running a short filter off the block. But I don't know if that is a good idea on a higher hp build. It would clean up the engine bay though.
Setrab.jpg

2015_12_12_15_32_55.jpg

2015_12_12_15_17_06.jpg
 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: Oil Cooler Needs?

Setrab makes a great cooler... I have used them many times...

On a different note... Are you running a filled block?? If so, a cooler is very important.. If not, you could probably get away with a block mounted filter...

I like the stock filter araginement as it makes oil changes very easy..
 

0966Sy

Code what?
Use a can of transmission cooler flush, might go with 2. I wouldn't throw it out, if you do throw it this way. Good luck with the new build
 

Neelsonwheels

Donating Member
Re: Oil Cooler Needs?

My Typhoon was running 11.3 at 118 in the quarter mile and it has an
On the block filter with no cooler. I am upgrading to a filled block build so
I will be running an oil cooler.
 
Top