plug question

Neelsonwheels

Donating Member
Re: plug question

I just looked at my logged files. It looks like @24lbs of boost I am at 23 degrees of timing.
The AFR is at 11.9. I am not sure if this makes any difference in plug choice. I want a nice running truck for putting around without fouling cold plugs,but I also want to have good spark
when I feel like hammering down. Decisions decisions.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: plug question

Also just looked and on a sub 12sec pass 18* & 20#. No knock except a little at the hit. Don't forget 91 octane gas. Plugs are Autolite 103. They're due to be looked at though so withholding comment.

BTW I found an interesting site that will cross your plug to everyone elses.

http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/
 

Neelsonwheels

Donating Member
Re: plug question

Just a little update. I did replace the BR7EF plugs that I had regapped to 0.30 with the TR6 plugs gapped at 0.27. I took a ride and the miss is gone although while changing the plugs I noticed something on the number 6 plug wire that I had not noticed before. Looking at the boot which is the only straight boot I have (the others are 90 degree) there is some discoloring on it. upon closer inspection the affected area is directly in line with the connector for the plug tip. I am thinking that I had not been getting the boot to snap on completely an this made some arching which discolored the boot in that location. Or I have a loose or bad end making for a bad connection. Either way I will be ordering a replacement or a complete set since they are custom 10mm Magnacore wires. Thanks again for all the input.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: plug question

When I ordered my set from Magnacor i got a 45* for #6 that or a straight I think will work better than a 90*. My DP goes right by there so I run a heat shield as well.

Half way down this page on right for example.

http://www.taylorvertex.com/protection/boot-protection/

I also run #2 & #4 through an identical shield where they go by the DP. There is a metal ring in one end of the plug shield but you can get that out then you have a nice shield that you can both wires through. I actually run that boot with wires 2&4 -between- the dipstick tube and the block. Works great and stays there on its own. 200* block is way cooler than a 1200* DP...

HTH
 
Top