Questions on the stg ultimate chip

quicksix

New member
I Installed the ultimate chip in my sy and was wondering if the red led light in the gauge style should always be on?
 

hardtailcfl

New member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

Pretty sure it's a knock sensor light...what setting does the guage display indicate?
 

quicksix

New member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

it is on t1 15 right now but i can switch through the settings
 

tnsyty

Active member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

It should not be solid on. It should blink when it hears knock, and the faster it blinks, the more degrees of knock.
 

swedetyphoon

New member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

Hi
I have the same problem with my Ultimate chip, the knock sensor light is always on.
Did you find a solution for your problem ?
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

Did you piggy-back the stock chip onto the ultimate board in the right direction?
 

swedetyphoon

New member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

I mounted the Ultimate chip board without the stock chip, the car runs a little strange. Now I understand the pictures a little better from the UC instruction.
Will have a go tonight. Thanks for the tip
 

primemover

New member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

dude where can i get one of these chips I went to the website and it says no longer in production.
 

vinnieTy

TY # 1889
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

dude where can i get one of these chips I went to the website and it says no longer in production.

Thats correct!!! Need to get lucky and find a used one. I have been searching for a long time and still no luck!:(
 

primemover

New member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

Thats correct!!! Need to get lucky and find a used one. I have been searching for a long time and still no luck!:(


well then what should I go with in the mean time ? I just wanna be able to pair it with a 3 bar mapp so I can rod out my cat and not have to worry about overboost and do the egr delete.

everything I have is stock and I don't plan on doing anything other than bolt on mods
 
Last edited:
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

You won't get that kind of boost control from just swapping in the ultimate and 3 bar map. Sorry...
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Questions on the stg ultimate chip

You won't get that kind of boost control from just swapping in the ultimate and 3 bar map. Sorry...

And, just plugging a 3bar sensor in with a 3bar chip doesn't mean that it will have the proper fueling for your setup. The computer won't just "figure out the difference".

There are a lot of blown-up motors that have happened this way... somebody buys a used ultimate or other chip, and doesn't realize that it wasn't programmed for their particular setup.
 
Top