Started up my truck yesterday, and it stalled right out. I noticed a lot of black smoke drifting by me. Started back up and it was running loaded up, extremely rich. Tapped on the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, restarted and the engine run fine, drove around the block, no problem. Next day started up and same issue, running rich/rough and stalling. MIL came on and retrieved codes 43 and 53. Disconnected the battery, rechecked for codes had the normal 12 only. Installed fuel pressure gauge at the rail, started the engine, runs terrible, she's loading up with fuel. Fuel pressure gauge reading about 44 psi. Retrieved codes 43 and 53 again. No fuel leaking into the vacuum line at the regulator, normal engine vacuum 17" measured at the MAP sensor vacuum hose. As poor as it is running I still was able to confirm about 13v at idle across the battery.
All ignition components in good working order, as for truck mods, pitbull chip, flowmaster exhaust, hard wire ic pump.. Nothing special.. I got a STG untimate chip and 3 bar sensor, but I see no point installing them untill I get this thing running normal again.
Any idea's hotshots? What the hell is that code 43 all about? ESC retard signal has been on for too long or system has failed a functional test??
All ignition components in good working order, as for truck mods, pitbull chip, flowmaster exhaust, hard wire ic pump.. Nothing special.. I got a STG untimate chip and 3 bar sensor, but I see no point installing them untill I get this thing running normal again.
Any idea's hotshots? What the hell is that code 43 all about? ESC retard signal has been on for too long or system has failed a functional test??