S10-SS Frame Brace

20psiGMC

Member
There was talk on the list a couple years ago about using the frame brace off the SS truck to improve handling. Anyone ever done this? Anyone have a part number?

I know Al Dustan was also working on a frame brace for us… you out there Al?
 

V

Donating Member
I thought about buying one, but I decided to wait until I see Al's design.

GM #15741812. I have never seen the part, so double check with Dal before buying. Price should be about $25.
 

20psiGMC

Member
Thanks for the info, V. I'm going to wait for Al's as well.

Al, drop me a line when you're ready. Thanks.
 

HighPerformanceTrucks

Lift & Shift Specialist
Yes, I did this brace a few years back. Essentially it helps reduce torsional frame flex where the cab side bed supports are. Fits right, but you will need to drill holes. I removed the bed to install.
 

Sy769

Donating Member
ivanko barbell said:
Yes, I did this brace a few years back. Essentially it helps reduce torsional frame flex where the cab side bed supports are. Fits right, but you will need to drill holes. I removed the bed to install.

Wow talk about a thread from the dead. It is funny to read about people waiting on stuff from Al.

"you out there Al" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Oh yeah reason for posting. Got pics of said brace installed?
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
AL sent me my brace but its not what you guys are describing here. the one I was sent replaced the crossmember that is in front of the torsion bar cross member. it's a chromoly lightweight replacement.
 
Top