Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

HighPerformanceTrucks

Lift & Shift Specialist
Well it's coming down to the wire.

I'm getting the front splitter and the brake ducts finished up for the hill climb early this week. Looks like Top Gear, Car & Driver and even the New York Times will be covering the event. I've got some stilff competition from driving pros like Steve Millen and his Stillen Targa Newfoundland GTR as well as Lou Giliotti in his LG Motorsports prepped ZR1 Vette.

I should have decent grip with the aero package and suspension and tire setup and about 600 horsepower on tap. I haven't had a lot of seat time with the new setup, so we will go very conservative initially and increase the pace as necessary.

Anyone SyTy'ers in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area should check out this event!

http://www.spectre341challenge.com/
 

HighPerformanceTrucks

Lift & Shift Specialist
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week! Photo Added!

Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week! Photo Added!

Front Splitter done. Looking at 500 lbs of overall down force combined with rear wing.

main.php
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

Looking forward to pics and vid from the event! I told my brother he needs to check out the race. He lives in Reno (works in Truckee at Lahontan).

Can't wait to see your truck finished too. :tup:
 

tyndago

New member
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

I am working at STILLEN now. I am missing a big part of next week for the World Challenge race, so not headed up to this one.

Good luck up there.
 

HighPerformanceTrucks

Lift & Shift Specialist
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week! NEW PHOTOS!!!

Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week! NEW PHOTOS!!!

Well it was a tragic, unfortunate and just a bizarre ending to what was a great fun filled weekend at Virginia City. I'm not going to discuss it here, but I'll provide a link to some images and info on the event.

-48.jpg


-27.jpg


main.php


main.php


-26.jpg


-22.jpg


-23.jpg


img3391large.jpg


main.php


img3325large.jpg


IMG_5912.jpg


main.php


main.php


main.php


main.php


main.php


main.php


main.php


main.php


Click here to see Video


Click here to see Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au642vaH67c

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...allenge-virginia-city-hillclimb-thread-2.html

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t41335.html

As far as my performance was concerned I ended up with a run of 3 minutes and 53 seconds which was my goal to get under 4 minutes. Anything under 4 minutes is cooking at this race and I ended up 11th overall out of 30 or so competitors.

I'll post more images and video as it becomes available.

Killer images by Larry Chen and Thompson Smith below.

http://www.worlddriftseries.com/341/

KTVN Reno News Coverage here: (1 Minute 17 Seconds on the 1st link)

http://www.ktvn.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4898990&h1=6/25%20-%205pm%20-%20Brews%20%26%20Blues%20+%20World%20Cup%20Viewing%20+%20Spectre%20341%20Challenge&vt1=v&at1=Entertainment&d1=139833&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=80894506

http://www.ktvn.com/global/video/fl...chPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=19493703

Here is an in car video of the winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHI8P_LXao

"Keep your foot to the floor until the thrill of speed is overcome by the fear of death." And that was in play here if you have never been up this road this fast.

Quote by Lou Gigliotti - LG Motorsports (about Spectre 341 Challenge)

http://octanereport.com/tuned-cars/2010/06/30/spectre-341-challenge-hill-climb-2010.html

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...ra-341-challenge-is-in-the-books-ar93080.html

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Event-Coverage-The-Spectre-Performance-341-Challenge.html
 
Last edited:

HighPerformanceTrucks

Lift & Shift Specialist
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

Sean,

I didn't know you were up there. Too bad we didn't have a chance to talk. Nice pictures btw.

I am working at STILLEN now. I am missing a big part of next week for the World Challenge race, so not headed up to this one.

Good luck up there.
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

Wow, sub 4 min is flying! Congrats, Adam! I've seen some other pics of the event and it looked like the Sy was getting a lot of attention from spectators/other racers.

Is there a link for the final results of the event?

That's terrible news about VR Alexander. :(
 

HighPerformanceTrucks

Lift & Shift Specialist
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

Here is a link to the results I scanned in adobe acrobat.

http://highperformancetrucks.com/ga...2_GALLERYSID=af7ddedc74eba9d607f026d67e32a6c8

It should be noted that the Viper ACR was disqualified as it was running tires with an 80 tread wear rating. The rules state tires must be 100 tread wear or higher. Britt Mark Gillies from Car & Driver Magazine drove this car and from what I have been told he was faster than Michael Schumacher in a professional race in the past.

Professional race car drivers in big dollar monster rides dominated the event. ALMS GT2 and ex World Challenge driver Lou Gigliotti ended up winning in his modified ZR1 Corvette with Steve Millen taking 2nd place honors in his modified Nissan GTR.

Worthy of mentioning was a local guy and friend of mine Jeremy Kappus ended up taking 3rd in his 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution RS! He actually was leading after the 1st day. A good combination of car setup and driving talent.

Wow, sub 4 min is flying! Congrats, Adam! I've seen some other pics of the event and it looked like the Sy was getting a lot of attention from spectators/other racers.

Is there a link for the final results of the event?

That's terrible news about VR Alexander. :(
 

tyndago

New member
Re: Spectre 341 Challenge this week!

Sean,

I didn't know you were up there. Too bad we didn't have a chance to talk. Nice pictures btw.

RIP VR Alexander.

I was not at the event. Just Steve and Kyle. Some pictures and videos are on the STILLEN blog.

http://blog.stillen.com/2010/06/stillen-gt-r-at-spectre-341-challenge-ongoing-update/

I wish we would have put the Dunlops on the GT-R. It would have been a bit quicker on the Dunlops. The stock Bridgestones are a 220 wear tire. Not a lot out there in a 20 inch size.

Congratulations on the sub 4 minute run in the brick.
 
Top