Tach, how should I fix it.

JSM

Active member
Last night I ran my truck for ~20min getting idle dialed in and a few bugs worked out. Today it goes for a drive.

Well one thing I never gave much thought is the tach. It is obviously off with 8 cylinders under the hood. Instead of half assing it by installing another tach clamped on to the side of the dash or something I really want the stock tach to work.

So I see 2 options.

  • 1 get a new face made, I already have new faces to go in didn't think about the 6cylinder issue when I got them from George. One downfall is redline will move probably past the tach movement and what it is able to do.
  • 2. Somehow adapt the signal going into the tach, maybe there is an aftermarket box to do it? Anybody know?
 

2fast4u

PUMPING THAT IRON!
Re: Tach, how should I fix it.

Maybe there is a resistor, or some sort of circuit that you can connect to your stock tach. Ill bet there is a place somewhere on the net who does these transformations, or will supply you with the right parts. Good luck :tup:
 

MIGHTYMOUSE

Turbo F body guy
Re: Tach, how should I fix it.

if you are using bs3 or the like they normally have a tach output lead you can run to the original factory white tach wire
 
Top