Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Chest Rockwell

Active member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

I thought so. I had one in a previous truck, but don't recall ever finding a kit to do it. Maybe someone reading this thread knows for sure?
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Why even chance rebuilding a FPR that has been through that abuse. If it leaks your back in the same spot again.

They are not that expensive.
 

ModifiedRacer23

New member

JSM

Active member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Thats true...hate to do all of this and it light off like a roman candle...again.

The heat treat of aluminum has been compromised, surfaces are probably not flat as they once were, thread shape and strength not as it was machined. Not worth it for a savings of $75.
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Plus you think the fire may have been caused by the AFPR. It's bad luck even if it is salvageable.

Lys of work there. Is the turbo salvageable?
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Plus you think the fire may have been caused by the AFPR. It's bad luck even if it is salvageable.

Lys of work there. Is the turbo salvageable?
 

ModifiedRacer23

New member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Positive note, ATR pump survived...chippin' away at it, but im a bit annoyed that I don't have the clip off it yet. Work has been brutal, so I haven't made it home before dark in almost a week and a half...gonna keep diggin' though.
photobucket-3946-1314246408226.jpg
 

ModifiedRacer23

New member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Well, my OCD flared up tonight, along with the total disregard of forcing myself into supersleepyzombiedickheadmode for work in a few hours. All which is acceptable, since I successfully have the front clip on the ground. Here are a few shots.
photobucket-5565-1314258318012.jpg

photobucket-5105-1314258334456.jpg
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Its nice to see another one being saved . The rebuild should be smooth , and personally thats the best color combination IMO .:D
 

ModifiedRacer23

New member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

Ok. Here is where my knowledge level abruptly ends....can anyone give me any info off of the numbers on this chip?
photobucket-4117-1314463774752.jpg
[/IMG]
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

ATR strip chip, probably not a good one to run on the street aside from it is well done.
 

ModifiedRacer23

New member
Re: Ty# 0371 Rebuild

ATR strip chip, probably not a good one to run on the street aside from it is well done.

Thank you for the info...im trying to get a gameplan together on going back with this thing, while using all the aftermarket parts I currently have...I know tuning will very important, so I was curious if I should just try to put the truck back like the original owner had it, or change up/improve anything while im this deep into it. Let me know what ya think.
 
Top