Ultimate chip, strip ???'s

Pittman

New member
Well this is the first weekend to the track with my little sonoma. The truck has 30k miles now and has gone through an complete tune up. Trannny is done with the new Art Carr 9" lock up. Ive got the pump and reg on the way, and have the 160 deg thermostate. Other than that its stock. I should have everything ready by sat morning the 16th. Im so excited I damn near cant sleep at night. Im gonna run it down at the motorplex and need to know what timming and boost I would be safe at running 110 octane I may be able to get 115. I dont have a datamaster YET!! would I be safe in running T2 with 18lbs of boost. What should be my limit. Would detonation show on the plugs as a small peppery looking stuff on the ceramic insulator. Ive ran the bottle on some bikes and thats how we could tell with those
 

smeagol

Active member
You shouldn't be using the chip without the pump or higher base fuel pressure.

Yes plugs are the most accurate way for telling knock, but you still should NOT be racing without a scan tool. I guess you just don't love your truck :wink:

The truck may run fine, but right now, you're walking on thin ice.
 

Pittman

New member
Maybe I didnt make it too clear I have the pump and reg and all will be installed on Fri. I have a bunch of stuff to install on friday. I wont have a datamaster by friday though so Ill be checking everything the old fashion way. I was just trying to out where I should draw the limit. Ya know I wouldnt doubt it if there happened to be a fellow sy owner there this weekend with a datamaster.....as far as loving my truck

Yeah I do, although it doesnt do luandry, cant cook, not fun at all to sleep with, I geuss it can keep you warm, wont rub your feet, doesnt make ice tea, no sexual favors unless your a really sick bastard and have a rubber hose for the intake side of the turbo.

"If ya aint breakin you aint going fast enough." Applies to bikes anyway
 

smeagol

Active member
I'd say to be careful. I wouldn't install a bunch of parts and expect to go to the track right away after install. Need to double check and make sure all is well, do some dialing to make sure boost & fueling are up to par.

Plug check is the best you can do now. Scan tool & plug checks together is very good.
 

Pittman

New member
I intend to, I have to pull the bed off put the pump in, install the reg, lotek pod boost guage, interior Fuel press gauge if I have time, ultimate chip, thermostat. Actualy going to the track to run some other toys and intend on taking the little sy becuase it will haul the coolers, chairs, some tools for the other car.
 
Top