Where should the engine temp needle be?

Mine is at the first white line and never really moves from there.
Yesterday I changed to a flowkooler 180 thermostat and water wetter with distilled water.

So how far should it go up?
 

Syclone#2960

What ever it takes!!
Re: Where should the engine temp needle be?

the gauge is off about 20-25 degrees warmer than what it reads. I run 160 thermostats on both my trucks with water wetter. Helps keep everything else cooler like the tranny & motor oil that flow through the radiator.
 
Re: Where should the engine temp needle be?

ok, thanks.
I dont know if I should add freeze coolant to the system.
And if so how much? I believe in denmark where i live they protect it to minus 20 degrees celsius...
 

Syclone#2960

What ever it takes!!
Re: Where should the engine temp needle be?

YES add coolant! I lost a block due to a freeze with straight water. I only run water until I know there are no leaks after a rebuild.
 

hatrik8

Donating Member
Re: Where should the engine temp needle be?

Mine used to never move at all. I replaced one of the temp senders and now it only goes up a little. I do have a 180 tstat, but it's not accurately reflected on the gauge.. I think the only instruments I trust in the dash is the speedo and blinkers. :)
 
Top