"Assassin" Traction Device

denny

Active member
Anyone heard of or used this?
I think caltrac have a better design.




"Assassin" Traction Device
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaf Spring Traction Device Made In the USA.

The "Assassin" leaf spring traction device was designed from a clean sheet of paper. With the increases in engine horsepower and the lack of new designed leaf spring traction devices, the "Assassin" was designed specifically to handle today's high horsepower engines. Featuring chromoly tube construction, Teflon lined rod ends and heavy duty gusset spring brackets with a built-in tie down, the Assassin is built to last and best of all, it offers more adjustments for better traction control than any other leaf spring device and easy installation (no removing of leaf springs required). This device will fit both mono and multi-leaf spring applications and is approved by NHRA and NCMA. It has been reported in back to back testing of the "Assassin" traction device that it lowered 60 foot times by .05 or more. The strength and adjustability of the "Assassin" will be an asset for keeping your vehicle under control.

Features:

•Chrome moly Tubing

•Teflon Lined Rod Ends

•Big Gussets on the Spring Brackets

•Tie Down Built in

•Multiple Adjustments

•Easy to Install No leaf Spring removal is required!

Note: (Instructions and Drill Bit for drilling leaf spring included)


Download Instructions

Applications:

•67-69 Camaro/Firebird
•68-74 Nova
•70-81 Camaro/Firebird
•62-67 Chevy II
•82-94 S-10
•55-57 Chevy
•88-09 Chevy 1500
Mopar A-Body



trac1.jpg

trac2.jpg

trac3.jpg

trac5.jpg

trac4.jpg
 

Syclone22

Member
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

Looks good and fully adjustable i am using
the unit from Chassis engineering looks also nice !!!
 

HopnDude

I B Derpin.
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

I have Caltrac's....wouldn't trade them for anything!....

Caltrac's design is made to take "wheel hop" and convert it to forward energy....

Also, Caltrac's offers a mono leaf spring setup (I used 3 tier 3" drop leaf) that's supposed to be pretty nice!....

On those Assasin ones, do you have to weld that on the axle in place of the stock one? To eleminate the u bolt?

They look fancy, but I like my Cal's, bolt n go design, easy to set, tough, rigid, and pretty straight forward, works without modifications, jus gotta press the aluminum bushings....
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

Looks great! Someone else said it bit they do look like battle bars. Excellent. Nice find.
 

autoaddictions

Active member
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

Denny those bars look sweet. looks to be a ton of adjustments in them. I use CBR battle bars on my Ty and i must say they help. My best 60 ft is a 1.49..
 

sharkbait

New member
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

i wonder why caltracs say 1988 to 03 but these assassin bars are only first gen. what gives?
Applications:

•67-69 Camaro/Firebird
•68-74 Nova
•70-81 Camaro/Firebird
•62-67 Chevy II
•82-94 S-10
•55-57 Chevy
•88-09 Chevy 1500
Mopar A-Body

and where do you mount the shock on the bottom? cause your eliminating the stock lower bracket. does it go to one of the two holes pictured? if i recall the stock bracket has a stud on it to slide the lower shock on.
 

denny

Active member
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

i wonder why caltracs say 1988 to 03 but these assassin bars are only first gen. what gives?
Applications:

•67-69 Camaro/Firebird
•68-74 Nova
•70-81 Camaro/Firebird
•62-67 Chevy II
•82-94 S-10
•55-57 Chevy
•88-09 Chevy 1500
Mopar A-Body

and where do you mount the shock on the bottom? cause your eliminating the stock lower bracket. does it go to one of the two holes pictured? if i recall the stock bracket has a stud on it to slide the lower shock on.


I am sure they will send the correct one. :)
014-2.jpg
 

Try Me

New member
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

Interesting. How much cheaper are these than a set of caltracs and what are the major differences?
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

damn they look allot nicer then my battlebars.. hope they really help you out man
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

On the website, they quote them as helping improve a time by.05s.

Is that a massive difference? It seems there are lots of other things to do before you have to worry about .05...

I like the look of them and the idea of the truck staying flat - sorry if I misinterpreted the numbers... :dunno:
 

denny

Active member
Re: "Assassin" Traction Device

I think that .05 is typo, its being compare to caltrace and battle bar.
Its $345 shipped, caltrac is about $400 shipped.

I haven't received it yet, will let you all know when I do.
 
Top