Hydroboost pedal effort

sean

Member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

I never did make a kit.. Its been a busy summer. If anyone is interested I can do he following:

Bare unwelded mild steel 1/8" plate - $20
Welded mild steel 1/8" plate - $30

These will be CNC plasma cut. The edges will have a little kerf as that is the nature of plasma cutting.

If you want one welded it will be mig welded..

I would guess that these could be shipped for ~$5 USPS so lets go with that for shipping..

PM me if interested..


-Matt
how about the peddle and the rod would you be able to do those as well?
 
Last edited:

mattw

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Matt,

Send me your Paypal info, I would like two sets of the unwelded parts.

thanks
Dave


Dave,

The top two plates are yours if you want them.. I PMed you my paypal info.

Plates%202.JPG


Plates%203.JPG




how about the peddle and the rod would you be able to do those as well?

I'm not going to be able to do the pedal now as I don't have an extra one and it seems as if I won't be making it to a u-pull-it yard anytime soon.

As far as the rod goes I used both the original hydroboost rod and the original rod from the stock brake setup. I'm not so sure I could easily source both of those to cut up and thread and you are also the 1st person to ask for this so I'm not sure how much demand there is..
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

I'm curious as well since not impressed with my hydro boost braking. The Pedal feels way different on my 95 3500 dually with hb than it does on my Ty. I can stop it just fine but boost launching is not happening
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

FYI I can boost launch with my hydroboost. Guessing as motor is out but 5# boost?
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

I could maybe hold 5# of boost. With the stock brakes I could hold 12 non problem. A little disappointing with all the money spent to upgrade my brakes.
 

1BADV6

Donating Member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Thanks Matt,

I will send payment tonight.



Dave,

The top two plates are yours if you want them.. I PMed you my paypal info.

Plates%202.JPG


Plates%203.JPG






I'm not going to be able to do the pedal now as I don't have an extra one and it seems as if I won't be making it to a u-pull-it yard anytime soon.

As far as the rod goes I used both the original hydroboost rod and the original rod from the stock brake setup. I'm not so sure I could easily source both of those to cut up and thread and you are also the 1st person to ask for this so I'm not sure how much demand there is..
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

I could maybe hold 5# of boost. With the stock brakes I could hold 12 non problem. A little disappointing with all the money spent to upgrade my brakes.

I had front C5 Z06 brakes and 1998 S10 rear disc brakes and held 15psi with a built motor and 67gtq with hydraboost. Cut a nice 1.5 60'. I think it is interesting how some people just can't build more than a few lbs, I wonder what the difference is.
 

e95 Ty

New member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

I had front C5 Z06 brakes and 1998 S10 rear disc brakes and held 15psi with a built motor and 67gtq with hydraboost. Cut a nice 1.5 60'. I think it is interesting how some people just can't build more than a few lbs, I wonder what the difference is.

Wondering if it could be that everyone has a different tcc? Would make some sense as some stall higher than others....:dunno:
 

Maxtor

New member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Matt -

I would really like an unwelded plate if you have one. If you can spare one please PM me your Paypal info and I will send you payment. Thank you in advance.

Mark
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Matt -

I would really like an unwelded plate if you have one. If you can spare one please PM me your Paypal info and I will send you payment. Thank you in advance.

Mark

PM sent..
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

I've had quite a few requests for these plates so I made up four more tonight. I thought some of you may like to see a vid of one being cut...

 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Matt,

I sent you a PM requesting to purchase one... Did you get it??

Let me know...

Thanks,
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

All plates have been shipped.. Shipping was more than I expected so going forward it will be $9 per plate for shipping..

IMG_1291.JPG
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Do you have a picture of this installed? Does it make the unit look horizontal or does it point downwards?
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Hydroboost pedal effort

Do you have a picture of this installed? Does it make the unit look horizontal or does it point downwards?

I'm here at the shop now and just put a level on it and it sits nearly perfectly flat.. I don't have my camera with me but I'll snap a pic tomorrow for you..
 
Top