Project: Typhoon 0437

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

thanks, shes being a bitch right now though.. waterpump started leaking and i snapped a tclamp bolt trying to fix a leak.. ended up finding a hotrod shop near town that was open and headed up there.. got 4 new tbolt clamps which are way beefier then the ebay one i had.. its holding 20psi now no prob so far
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Have you got pics of the clamps? I need 4 for my trucks. Could do with all clamps for the rad, IC and turbo and PCV actually....

Great work!
 

ChiPhoon

Chicago Typhoon!
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

was checking out your truck, from the thread. noticed you had illinois b-truck plates. wondering why you reg-d it as a truck? both my typhoons always was as a suv/wagon type. just curious is all.
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

No idea, I just goto the DMV and tell them I need plates and that's what they gave me lol
 

ChiPhoon

Chicago Typhoon!
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

No idea, I just goto the DMV and tell them I need plates and that's what they gave me lol

ah, well i know when i lived in Chicago they had rules for parking with truck plates and lake shore drive restricted trucks, not that its ever happen to me, but in the past i even reg-d my s10 pickups as suv otherwise i couldn't park in front of my parents over night without a bed top with truck plates. anyways was just curious if you had a reason though lol
 

ty166

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

never seen b plates on a s-t series truck in Illinois, but then again Illinois is so hard up for money they probably sold you truck plates to bone ya a couple more bucks.
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

I know I always walked out spending roughly 200 bucks when buying plates, but now I'm in Wisconsin with wi plates.
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Not much of a update, still waiting for my trans to get finished at the shop so I installed my clear corners
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

So since the clear corners were extremely good looking, then looking at fog lights figured id do the harbor freight upgrade.. Can't believe how horrible the old ones looked
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Finally have the typhoon home.. ready for some work!


have a lot more boxes of goodies on way
 
Last edited:

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Front end off and dropping bunch of parts off at paint. And last time that engine bay will look that way


o
 

Transdamn

Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Where did u get your clear corners from?

Nice Typhoon BTw. I always wanted a White one and almost traded my Syclone for one.
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Got the peices back for the typhoon and very happy with the turn out. Can't believe how well the front bumper cleaned up
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Finally starting to play with this truck again, got the new wheel wells in, msd box mounted on fender, and astro shaft Installed. Still need to clean up some wiring
 

fivetodrive

CRISPY
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Looking good! Glad the astro shaft finally went in! ;)

I like the front core support, Do you have pictures of your alky mounting?

The reason I ask is because I wonder if you should try to mount your alky pump a little lower to help with the gravity feed to the pump. I was reading Julio's instructions (Alkycontrol) and he made it a point to stress that the pump needed to be the lowest part of the system.
 
Top