roll call for sucessful meth users

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I use the SMC kit. Came with the truck and it works fine for me.
 

10secTy

Sy-Ty builder and Tuner
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

When using the alkycontrol systems and running 100% meth I have set up trucks to run 28psi with 28 degrees of timing with zero knock. If you mix water and meth it will be less.

Nolan
 

jjorgensen52

NHSTE - I'm the only one!
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I knew what this thread was about, but I still couldn't help laughing at the title.

I haven't used alky yet but I'm thinking about it
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I have alky control, but I never dialed it in. I was have other engine/tune issues.
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

Jeremy uses AlkyControl system. Daron uses SMC. Hardman has one from Devils Own (I think thats right). I've read of several others using the Snow performance setup. I think any of them will do the job just fine.
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I had the alkycontrol kit but ended up selling it and later on buying a devils own progressive but haven't had time or a chance to even begin to use it and tune etc
 
Last edited:

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I have Alky Control. The system works well. Tuning, which I have to do, is a different issue.:rotf: However I'm very close. Engine is very sensitive to small changes. Finding the right combination of fuel pressure and meth can be interesting.
 

nallj92

Active member
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

homemade kit, 25psi 21 deg timing, no knock, run straight meth or sometimes high octane washer fluid
 

shoebox1.1

New member
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

do you think MOST people run straight methanol or washer fluid which is approx 60-40 water? the 100%meth has the octane and mixed water would have better heat dissipation is that right? im planning on building my own kit with a shurflo pump. the devils own kit has a really nice brass hobbes switch that has engraved settings where most are plastic and your guessing when the spray comes on at.
 

skwayb

NWSTP
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

shoebox1.1 said:
the 100%meth has the octane and mixed water would have better heat dissipation is that right?

Both work but Methonal evaporates at a much faster rate than water so it will have more of a cooling effect. All I know at that start of a run My MAT is 100 at the end it is at 70 with Methanol. With Water it was in the 90-95 degree range at the end and I couldn't run as much timing.

This says it all.

10secTy said:
When using the alkycontrol systems and running 100% meth I have set up trucks to run 28psi with 28 degrees of timing with zero knock.

Nolan

I would listen to Nolan. He knows his stuff.
 

MYYellowTY

New member
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

Ive been on Methadone for 9 years now.Ever since May of 99 ,I was run of the road and into a chain link fence at 60 and lost all movement and feeling in my left arm.The Meth takes the edge of the Phantom arm pain.And the Percocet does NOTHING AT ALL!!!

OHHHH, you ment Methanol.Sorry never mind!!! :rotf: :rotf:
 

juicehead9

93 Typhoon # 0973
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I ues devils own progressive 100% Meth so fas so good, even better temps with A/A
 

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

skwayb said:
Both work but Methonal evaporates at a much faster rate than water so it will have more of a cooling effect. All I know at that start of a run My MAT is 100 at the end it is at 70 with Methanol. With Water it was in the 90-95 degree range at the end and I couldn't run as much timing.

This says it all.



I would listen to Nolan. He knows his stuff.

X2. Razor's alky control. 100% straight VP Fuels Methanol. I have ran 24 psi, with 27 degrees of total timing on 93 octane pump gas. 0 knock:D .
 

MIGHTYMOUSE

Turbo F body guy
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

this 20+ boost and 20+ timing with meth is on 93 octane gasoline base correct?
 

shoebox1.1

New member
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

how much is the methanol per gallon and how much do you buy? fill up a 5gal jug and store it? intercooled and straight meth AND a carburetor.... i think 10 psi is do able even with my 10.8 cr er hopefully! :)
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

The price depends on where you live, and if and how you can get it. I'm limited to butting Heet at the local auto stores. Which gets $$ the more you use.. The local oil place used to sell 55 gal drums of it for $145. I wish I would have bought one or two before they shut down..
 

12secondSY

Syty Killer :(
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

Wow, reading about all this boost with zero knock makes me want to go outside and tune my truck better. Im still at 14 psi with my alkycontrol kit unhooked and my truck runs pretty damn good. Im sure I got another 100hp in it just waiting to be used. :tup:
 
Top