roll call for sucessful meth users

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

shoebox1.1 said:
how much is the methanol per gallon and how much do you buy? fill up a 5gal jug and store it? intercooled and straight meth AND a carburetor.... i think 10 psi is do able even with my 10.8 cr er hopefully! :)

I get mine from the local speed shop. $3.25/gal last time I bought it. Usually get 5 gal a trip. 15 gallons or so holds me for the year.:tup:

Most of your drag strips sell methanol, or speed shops or racing karts shops. You might also check with your alky kit supplier about using E85. This might be a viable option and more readily available.

Also be careful about using low (cheap) grade methanol. A local speed shop showed me a dyno graph from a drag race engine running VP fuels methanol and then switching to a low grade industrial use methanol and there was over a 30 hp diffrence.
 

mandingo

She's an Alcoholic
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

Don W. said:
I have Alky Control. The system works well. Tuning, which I have to do, is a different issue.:rotf: However I'm very close. Engine is very sensitive to small changes. Finding the right combination of fuel pressure and meth can be interesting.

Mine came with the truck, and one thing i learned is tunning is tricky, i was under the assumption the more and sooner the better, but after a lot of trial and error, i found that if i activate the pump at about 12 lbs boost and with a light spray 4 out of 10 on the dial it runs best with the crappy 91 octane, before i had it activate at about 8 lbs boost and 9 or 10 on the dial, and it would sputter at WOT, im also at high altitude, so im sure its different for the guys at sea level
 

attackdog

New member
Re: roll call for sucessful meth users

I run the SMC Kit with straight racing methanol. The kit was put in and tuned by Rockford Racecraft and it runs great.
-Dean
 
Top