Body rooooooollllllllll

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Yeah, I got some. :tdown: Currently working now to fix it too. :p

That was actually coming out of a fast section into a turn that almost was a 180, so I was carrying some speed before yanking the wheel. Regardless...dayum that thing was leaning

6892076948_2664c4f7a9_c.jpg
 

TNPhoon

1of28
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

More pics from yesterday!
That truck looks good Adam. Too bad you can't run without the numbers on the side. Or could you?
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

I have the QA1s up front with the adjustable limits on them - they seem pretty awesome. 4 for a normal ride, 8 knocks your teeth out and anything up from that would probably stop the roll pretty well.

Mine are stock A-arms.

Looks like a lot of fun!
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

More pics from yesterday!
That truck looks good Adam. Too bad you can't run without the numbers on the side. Or could you?

No, you are not allowed to run without numbers..that is how they track you in your class and do your scoring. It's one thing when you have just 1 Syclone...but when you have 4000 miatas all running, you get the idea. SSM = Super Street Modified.

I do plan to kill off the "tape" numbers and replace with vinyl. In fact, the truck is going to get alot of vinyl soon from various sponsors. Since my paint is shit (photos hide it well), ive decided to go full out and do up the truck in full race style with decals. Thank god for Forza 4 and being able to play with layouts :)

On a side note, if anyone wants to donate a few rolls of matte white vehicle wrap, I'll wrap my truck in a heartbeat minus the cladding. White body, black cladding, sponsor decals all over it. Trust me... it looks killer.

I have the QA1s up front with the adjustable limits on them - they seem pretty awesome. 4 for a normal ride, 8 knocks your teeth out and anything up from that would probably stop the roll pretty well.

Mine are stock A-arms.

Looks like a lot of fun!

I plan to go full a-arm and coils from sportmachines. The budget coils on stock arms are nice, but if I can drop more weight down and pretty up the suspension (no fender wells), Im all for that.
 

rentedmule

wanna-be
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

The truck looks sick!

Are tall balljoints available for the 4wd platform? It looks like you're getting a lot of positive camber gain when it's compressed like that.
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

The truck looks sick!

Are tall balljoints available for the 4wd platform? It looks like you're getting a lot of positive camber gain when it's compressed like that.

Not sure. Plan is to go tubular a-arms and coilovers, so that should kill off a majority of the front end digging

Do you have a rear sway bar on it?

No, which is the issue. I have caltracs on there and they are totally worthless for autoX. My focus used to be straight line racing, so that's why they are on there.

They will be coming off soon and replaced with a rear sway along with an upgraded front sway too.
 

BMFB

Not to scale
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

This is what mine looks like with a rear sway, rear coil LL setup, and front qua1's. Was doing a quick jot around a cone at about 40 at WOT in this pic. Feels flatter than it looks.

typhoon_tripod.jpg
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

Rollin' , rollin' , rollin' ... Keep that Syclone rollin'
 

alwayscode390

pppssssshhhhhtttttttttttt
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

Thats the first time I saw those wheels look good on a Syclone (IMO) ... nice job!!! ---
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

Have you got the beltech sway bar?
Edit - just read you don't. GET IT! I put it on my Ty and went round a bend and the back swung out but totally flat, really surprised me how much of a difference it made.

You looking to offload the caltrac setup by any chance? Lemme know...
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

Have you got the beltech sway bar?
Edit - just read you don't. GET IT! I put it on my Ty and went round a bend and the back swung out but totally flat, really surprised me how much of a difference it made.

You looking to offload the caltrac setup by any chance? Lemme know...

I used to have an Addco rear sway bar years back, but sold it when I switched over to the caltracs. Now that I want to focus and do autoX, im switching back and going rear sway bar again.

I sold the caltracs today, so the rear sway will be on hopefully soon. Im also upgrading the front sway bar too. Long term is the sportmachines coilovers.
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Body rooooooollllllllll

BTW, I do have video again of my runs. I need to sit and edit them, so I'll have them up in a few days.
 
Top