Need tuning help for simple system.......

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Need tuning help for simple system.......

I told him about the wires they sell at Advanced Auto Parts...Autolite Professional I think? They are lifetime and about $25
 

Beavis

Still plays with trucks
Re: Need tuning help for simple system.......

Hmmm mental note about those. May need to replace my MSD's, they are 5 years old now.......
 

slpcamaross97

New member
Re: Need tuning help for simple system.......

Im running a Borg Warnner wire set. Was 29.95..... They are 7mm. I cant bleave the wires were the problem.
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Need tuning help for simple system.......

I told him about the wires they sell at Advanced Auto Parts...Autolite Professional I think? They are lifetime and about $25

Been running these for years in local trucks. They are much more repeatable that the big $ aftermarket ones.

Got some cheapie Auto Xtra ones from Rock Auto on my truck now, with heat sleeves over the boots. So far, so good.

Most common reason for wire failure in these trucks is improper wire routing, which leads to burn-through or other heat-related failure. If the stock heat shields and wire looms (or a reasonable replacement) aren't in place, you're likely to have problems.
 
Top